Skip to main content

VirtualBox: 64-bit Guest OS

VirtualBox and Hyper-V

While playing with Vagrant, VirtualBox, and MongoDB on my old ASUS ROG Generation 1 - which has Intel Q720 CPU and runs Windows 10 64-bit - I ran into this error.

VT-x is not available(VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).
VirtualBox error: Intel VT-x is not available

Also, VirtualBox list only 32-bit version for guest OS.

It is so weird because I can installed Ubuntu 64-bit as guest OS in VirtualBox while booting this laptop in Windows 7 64-bit.


I tried removing Hyper-V feature and reboot.


VirtualBox now display 64-bit version of guest OSes.


And Vagrant works too.

Popular posts from this blog

Powershell: Install-WindowsFeature DHCP

Install-WindowsFeature DHCP Powershell: Install-WindowsFeature DHCP

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS - Focal Fossa

Azure PowerShell

Azure PowerShell is designed for managing and administering Azure resources from the command line. Use Azure PowerShell when you want to build automated tools that use the Azure Resource Manager model.